QUINOA CHOCOLATE CAKE
This is one of my favorite recipes of chocolate cake.It taste really good and believe me you want to eat the entire cake.It so moist and dense.Honestly I have given both the options in the recipe to make it as healthy as you want or just put in the standard ingredients and enjoy the cake either ways it taste great .I genuinely believe that when you make anything super healthy you tend to eat more than less coz we just assume that somehow it has no calories.The picture taken isn’t the best because my daughter couldn’t resist the cake and took a bite before a good picture could be taken.
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup milk or almond milk
- 50 grams of melted butter or 1/2 cup of ghee or 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs whole
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar or 3/4 cup lakanto sweetener or coconut sugar 0r 1 cup of pasted dates
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or pieces of 70 % chocolate
- 1/2 cup almonds divide some inside the cake the rest to decorate
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F. Grease a round or rectangular cake pan.
- Blend quinoa,butter,eggs,milk,vanilla extract together in a blender until smooth.
- Combine sugar,cocoa powder,baking powder,baking soda and salt together in a big bowl.But the quinoa batter into the dried ingredients mixture and mix till everything is well combined.
- Put the chocolate chips and almonds in the batter and mix
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake (it should come out clean)
- Cool the cake on a wire and then eat it or put it in the fridge